CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

End of the school year

Photobucket
Photobucket
WHEW....another school year over. One question though....where did it go??? Didn't Cheyenne just start preschool? I can't believe my little 5 lbs 13oz baby is going to the 4th grade. To add to that Cody will be starting school in August and Carley will be 3 very soon!! I can't believe they are growing so fast.

Last week we were quite busy and hopefully with the last day of school quickly approaching we will slow down some.

Last Wednesday Cody went for his school physical. He is doing great. He weighs 40 lbs and is 45 inches tall. He had to have 4 shots and a TB test. He did GREAT! Did not make a peep through the whole thing.

Friday we went to an awards assembly for Cheyenne. She got a citizenship award. We are very proud of her. She has done great in school this year.
Photobucket
After Cheyenne's assembly we headed off to the lab for Cody's blood work. I learned something new that day. When they draw blood they take it from your "blood roots" according to Cody. He was SO funny while we were driving to the lab. While at the lab he was sitting on my lap so he was easier to reach. While the tech was drawing his blood I could feel him moving, which I thought was a little crying. I tried to peek at his face and the tech informed me that he was giggling! I couldn't believe it. He just cracks me up. The whole experience with Cody was good, he now wants to work in a lab! Go figure!!

Today we were back at the school, this time for the Spelling Bee. They started with 30 kids and Cheyenne was 11th out of the 30. She's a little disappointed in herself because she wanted to make it to the top three, but we are very proud of her. I think nerves played more of a roll in her missing the word than anything else. Her last word was furniture....Cheyenne spelled it F-U-R-N-I-T-U-R-E-R. She was nervous because as soon as she said it she realized it was wrong. Anyway, still VERY proud of her!



Carley is looking forward to her birthday, but is already asking everyday "Is it my birthday yet?" She is talking, singing and just keeping us all on our toes. You never know what she's going to say!

2 comments:

Garrity said...

Hi! Aileen sent me the link to your blog. Your kids are SO cute. your oldest looks exactly like you. Isnt being with the kids full time awesome? I love it, although I have days that I want to hide. LOL. We just came back from CA. we had fun, but it's great to be home..Ive added you to my bookmarks..Charity

Kathleen J. said...

I didn't know you blogged! Thanks for your comments on mine. You are the first family member to ever leave me any comments. Thanks!